Sir Jim Ratcliffe planning major Man Utd shakeup with two key figures’ jobs ‘at risk’ in brutal cull

SIR JIM RATCLIFFE is seemingly wasting no time in laying out his plans for the new-look Manchester United.

The 71-year-old billionaire boss of Ineos is expected to take over ownership of 25 per cent of the Red Devils in a deal worth around £1.4 billion.

ReutersSir Jim Ratcliffe is set to assume control of Manchester United’s football operations[/caption]

AFPCurrent chief executive officer Richard Arnold’s job could be at risk[/caption]

As part of the deal, Ratcliffe will also assume control of the club’s football operations.

And while the deal has yet to be finalized, Ratcliffe has reportedly held meetings virtually with co-chairman, Joel Glazer, as per the Manchester Evening News.

The two are said to have discussed structural changes and personnel changes.

Chief executive officer Richard Arnold and football director John Murtough’s days with the team could be numbered.

Arnold first joined United back in 2007, going on to replace Ed Woodward who stepped down as executive vice chairman last February.

Murtough moved to the Theater of Dreams in 2013 as the academy director, eventually moving into the role of director of football in 2021.

Once he makes his way through the doors at Carrington, Ratcliffe’s focus is said to be on the club’s recruitment process, according to The Mirror.

United haven’t been afraid to splash the cash in recent years, shelling out £82 million on Brazilian winger Antony and £72 million on England winger Jadon Sancho – both of whom look set to leave the club in the near future.

Antony is rumoured to be in line for a move to Flamengo, with Gabriel Barbosa heading to Old Trafford as a part of the deal.

As for Sancho, it seems a loan back to Borussia Dortmund could be on the cards.

In terms of broader changes, Ratcliffe is said to be setting £250 million aside to beef up the club’s infrastructure and potentially put his stamp on the recruitment team.

He also plans to back Ten Hag in the transfer market once again, with the Briton said to have the back of the ex-Ajax boss, as per The Mirror.

This news comes despite a poor run of results since the summer break, which has seen United win just six of eleven games in the Premier League.

Last week they were also knocked out of the Carabao Cup in the round of 16 by Newcastle in a dismal 3-0 loss.

Their rough run of results came to a end on Sunday thanks to a narrow 1-0 win over Fulham at Craven Cottage, easing the pressure on Ten Hag and Co.

AFPErik ten Hag’s position is thought to be safe[/caption]

back link building services=