The Vice President of Nigeria, Yemi Osinbajo will not declare his intention to contest in the 2023 presidential election on Thursday.
There had been speculations that the Vice President was set to express his intention on Thursday.
Sources close to Osinbajo disclosed that the Vice President has not made any plan to declare for the presidency on that date as reported.
Some news platforms on Tuesday had claimed Osinbajo will officially declare for presidency under the platform of the All Progressives Congress.
Recall that spokesman of the Vice President, Laolu Akande, had said his principal has not decided on contesting the presidency in 2023.
Akande said, “The VP continues focusing all his attention on the work of this administration and on supporting Mr President in every possible way. Please continue to ignore the speculations.”
The Vice President has been called on by groups in the country to run for the presidency in the 2023 general elections.
This article was originally published on Nigeria News