President Buhari has provided the first ever Army University in west Africa to Biu , Borno State.
Nigerian Army University Biu (NAUB) is also the first ever Green University in West Africa.
The new University Starts Academic Program with 38 courses (as listed below) .
UTME subjects required, Direct Entry requirements and O’level requirements.
2. ARABIC STUDIES
6. CIVIL ENGINEERING
7. COMPUTER SCIENCE
8. CRIMINOLOGY AND SECURITY STUDIES
9. CYBER SECURITY
11. ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
13. ENGLISH LANGUAGE
14. ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
15. ESTATE MANAGEMENT
20. INFORMATION SYSTEMS
21. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
22. INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
25. MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
26. METALLURGICAL AND MATERIAL ENGINEERING
27. MILITARY HISTORY
28. PEACE STUDIES AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION
30. POLITICAL SCIENCE
33. SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
34. STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
35. SURVEYING AND GEOINFORMATICS
36. TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
37. URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING
The Nigerian Army University Biu is the newest
The institution aspires to become a leading University in Nigeria and a centre of excellence spearheading scientific and technological breakthroughs.
The University recently matriculates 1,016 fresh students.
The new University, therefore, presents an opportunity for admission seekers who are interested in studying security related courses.
Here are five basic information you should know about the new institution.
1. The University’s focus is to strengthen the Nigerian Army and the nation through sound and innovative uses of science and technology.
2. According to the University, the students’ population will comprise 25% military and 75% civilian, while the staff will be a productive mix of military and civilian intellectuals.
3. The Nigerian Army University is located in Biu, a town and a Local Government Area (LGA) in southern Borno State. It occupies an area of 5074 hectares.
4. The NAUB is established to run on the principles of creativity, self-reliance and self-sufficiency.
5. The University is projected that this unique institution will compete with the very best 50 in the world by 2050.
6. Apart from running some courses, you’ll find in conventional universities, there will also be a Faculty of Military Technology
and a Faculty of Military Policy, Logistics and Strategy to set it apart.
7. The University has seven faculties, they are: Science, Technology, Military Technology, Social Sciences, Environmental Studies, Administrative and Management Studies, Military Policy, Logistics and Strategies, as well as Schools and Centres
The University is projected to compete with some of the best Universities in the world in the next 32 years.