SPORTING LISBON manager Ruben Amorim has refused to make any further comments regarding a potential swoop for Cristiano Ronaldo.
The former Portugal international has repeatedly been questioned about the possibility of a January transfer.
ReutersRonaldo has been linked with a return to Sporting[/caption]
AFPAmorim is growing increasingly frustrated with questions relating to the possible move[/caption]
But, on Monday he made it clear that he is growing tired of the speculation.
In his press conference following Sporting’s 5-0 Taca da Liga win over Braga, Amorim said: “Ronaldo was in Qatar, they had the opportunity to ask him and they didn’t. I’ve been asked 500 times and I already answered.”
And a move could still possibly be on the cards with the five-time Ballon d’Or winner currently a free agent.
Ronaldo’s Man Utd contract was ripped up last month following his bombshell interview with Piers Morgan, so he is now on the hunt for a new club.
But, few are willing to take him on.
Newcastle, LA Galaxy and Real Madrid have also been linked with a potential swoop for the out-of-favour superstar, but Saudi Arabia could be his next destination.
The president of Saudi Pro League side Al Nassr is reportedly willing to make the ex-Man Utd star the highest-paid sportsperson of all time.
Ronaldo could earn a staggering £173million-a-year in Saudi Arabia.
But, there is a possibility that he could decide to remain in Europe.
While Amorim has refused to make any further comments about a potential move for Ronaldo, Sporting Lisbon sporting director Hugo Viana has hinted that it could be possible.
He said: “He can decide where he can go. But you never know the future…so whatever he decides, let’s see.”
Ronaldo scored five goals in 31 games for Sporting before joining Man Utd in 2003 at the age of 18.