The military junta in Gabon has announced the dissolution of the democratic government in the country, hours after taking over power from President Ali Bongo.
Naija News earlier reported that senior Gabonese military officers appeared on national television in the early hours of Wednesday and announced the takeover of power.
The military officers said they represented all Security and Defence forces in the Central African nation under the aegis of the Committee for the Transition and Restoration of Institutions (CTRI).
Minutes later, sounds of gunfire were also reported in the Gabonese capital, Libreville.
Below are the major decisions taken by the coup leaders.
1. Cancellation of the results of last Saturday’s presidential election
2. Closure of all the country’s borders until further notice
3. Dissolution of Cabinet
4. Dissolution of the Senate and National Assembly
5. Dissolution of the Constitutional Court
6. Dissolution of the Economic, Social and Environmental Council and the Gabonese Elections Centre.
The post Gabon Coup Leaders Dissolves National Assembly, Close Borders, Others appeared first on Naija News.