1. EXCO approved the total sum of Two Billion, Three Hundred and Fifty Seven Million, One Hundred and Two Thousand, Three Hundred and Eighty Six Naira Forty Two Kobo (N2, 357, 102,386.42) only for the execution of some capital projects including:
Construction of 3km Access Road to Akadoro Bridge at Ogboji Ezza North LGA
Construction of Abakaliki-Enugu Dualization Express (Lot 3) from Nkalagu Flyover to Ebonyi Enugu Boundary at Ishielu LGA (Total Length = 3 + 379.864).
Construction of Atta Mebi Owa bridge at Ohaozara LGA (2 Span Bridge of 15 Meters Each).
Construction of 5 Nos Septic Tank of 10M x 4.8M x 2.5M Dimension at Ebonyi International Airport.
Construction of Akadoro (Ogboji) Ezza North LGA with 2-Span Reinforced Concrete Bridge (15 Meters Each).
Construction of SingleSpan Mini Bridge at Akpara River along Abakaliki-Afikpo Road (12.8M x 8M x 6.5M).
Construction of Single Span Mini Bridge at Nkalagu Junction (24M x 8M x 6.5M).
Construction of Single-Mini Bridge between Enugu- Ebonyi Boundary and Nkalagu Junction Area in Ebonyi State (12M x 8M x 6.5M).
These projects are expected to be funded when the state government gets SFTAS grant which is a fund receivable from World Bank for those who applied best practices in their state budget. It will be noted that the State Government had in 2020 received the sum of N6.94 billion Naira from SFTAS (State Fiscal Transparency, Accountability and sustainability) and applied same to our critical projects
2. EXCO considered a report on intra-communal crisis in Effium Community in Ohaukwu Local Government Area that resulted to the loss of lives and wanton destruction of properties and approved the constitution of Judicial Commission of Inquiry into the Effium/Ezza Effium Crisis with Hon. Justice Omaka Elekwa as Chairman. Members include:
HRH Eze Chukwu Agwu, ——————- Member
Chief Simeon Ede —————– Member
Rev. Fr. Moses Ogudu —————- Member
Rev. Fr. Okoro Agha —————– Member
HRH Ezogo Azu Enya —————- Member
Barr. (Mrs.) Nkem Chukwu —————- Member
Barr. Gilbert M. Okorie ———- Secretary
Terms of Reference:
To determine the remote and immediate cause of the crisis that led to the loss of lives and destruction of properties in Effium and Ezza Effium in Ohaukwu Local Government Area.
To determine the extent of damage to property and loss of lives.
To determine those directly or indirectly involved in the mayhem and apportion blames appropriately
To recommend measures and means to be taken by the Government to restore normalcy and forestall further occurrence of the ugly incidents
To make any other recommendations that may bring about lasting peace in the troubled area.
Report to be submitted within 30 days.
3. EXCO also considered and approved a memo seeking to advertise and lease out the following facilities of the State Government through e-procurement and competitive bidding processes:
Fatilami Abubarkar Park,
Centenary City Secretariat Staff Canteen and
Shops at the Centenary City Recreation Park, Abakaliki.
4. Ebonyi State Government executed an agreement with GNXT Ltd on the establishment of limestone granules production plant and cement factory at Ndiagu Okoto in Ishielu LGA with equity holding of:
10% for EBSG
5% for the host Community
5% for host LGA
20% for private investors that must be Ebonyians
60% for GNXT Ltd.
Cost of the project is Thirty Million USD ($30,000,000.00 USD), and project is to start within 60 days of the execution of the agreement.
5. Also, Ebonyi State Government entered into agreement with Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria to build Pharmaceutical Park in Ishielu Industrial Cluster, Ntezi. This will be the first Pharmaceutical Park in West Africa. This investment is expected to cost more than Fifty Million USD ($50,000,000.00 USD)and to attract foreign investors to build their drug companies in Nigeria. NAFDAC has given them within 5 days to commence all processes relating to this investment. SPV registration process with CAC is in progress. They have 60 days within which to commence work in line with the agreement.
Thanks and God bless you Akubaraoha.