- Following a great improvement in the security situation in Anambra State, Governor Willie Obiano has lifted the curfew imposed on the state with immediate effect.
- Consequently, all educational institutions closed last week in the wake of the havoc visited on the state by gangs of arsonists are hereby directed to resume normal activities immediately.
3. In the same vein, all civil servants are directed to return to work immediately.
4. Governor Obiano thanks Ndi Anambra for their great cooperation which enabled normalcy to return to our state within a short period. The Governor thanks in particular the youth throughout the state who answered the clarion call to defend their towns and villages. He also appreciates the cooperation of Presidents General of Town Unions and Traditional Rulers.
Governor Obiano is proud of the role of the members of the Nigeria Police Force, Department of State Security, Nigerian Army, Nigerian Navy, Nigeria Civil Defence and Security Corps, Nigerian Immigration Service, Nigerian Correctional Service and, of course, Anambra Vigilante Group in the quick restoration of law and order in our dear state.
Anambra remains the safest and peaceful state in Nigeria.
5. Much as the security situation has improved greatly, Anambra State government wishes to advise all citizens and organisations to watch out for elements, especially those from outside the state, who may want to cause trouble in our place. People are advised to report any suspicious movement to the nearest police station or the President General or Traditional Ruler of the town or to any senior Government official.
May God continue to protect, guide and bless Anambra State, the Light of the Nation.
C. Don Adinuba
Commissioner for Information & Public Enlightenment.
Tuesday, October 27th, 2020